First, let’s say a few things about Gmod: Gmod, short for Garry’s mod, is a first person sandbox game, focusing on the idea of building. Gmod is a unique game because there aren’t any objectives. You can’t win or lose in this game.
It is a game that you can play through Steam, but that does not always have to be the case. If you or a group of your friends would like to play this game on a private server, but are unsure how to make one, then you are at the right place.
With our knowledge, that we have decided to share with you all, creating a Gmod server without the use of Steam was never easier.
The first thing you have to do is download the LogMeIn Hamachi program. LogMeIn Hamachi is a professionally-developed, virtual networking service that, once downloaded, takes minutes to setup, without any technical knowledge. This program will allow you to create a server or connect to your friends’ server without worrying about strangers popping in unannounced in a few easy steps. The best thing about hamachi is that it works with free version of gmod, or any other cracked game.
Download LogMeIn Hamachi
- Download the program for free; you can do that by clicking here.
- After that, all you need to do is install it by following the install instructions.
How to create your Network
First, we have to say that the free version of Hamachi has a limit of maximum five members, and that’s including you.
- Open the Hamachi program and find a button on the top labeled “Network.”
- Click on it and then find the “Create a New Network” button.
- Give your network a name and a password.
- Remember this password as your friends will need it to be able to connect to your server.
- Once the host shares the password and the network address, the rest of the players have to open the Hamachi program and select the “Join an Existing Network” button on the top.
Now you have a ready network, and all that is left is to host a game. You need to be in-game to do so. Whoever wants to host should open up the Gmod game and click on “Create a new single player game.” As a host, make sure you don’t check the box for the “Local server game.” If you do, then only the players in your LAN can join and nobody else. Also, players have reported lower lag when the host enables the “Developer’s Console.”
To enable the console hit ESC button -> Options -> Keyboard menu section, then on the bottom, click on Advanced and check the box “Enable Developer’s Console (~).”
How to join the hosts game
- Have the Hamachi running in the background with all the earlier stuff done and join the Gmod game. – From there, first enable the “Developer’s Console” by going to Options -> Keyboard menu section, then on the bottom click on “Advanced” and check the box “Enable Developer’s Console (~).”
- Now press the console button (~), it’s right next to the number 1 key on the top left side of the keyboard. Once the Console pops up, you need to write the network owner’s IP, not your own.
- Type “Connect *HostIPaddressHere*”. To get the host IP address, you need to open up your Hamachi, look up the name of the host from the list of the computers connected to the network. The IP address is next to their name, and it always starts with 25. (e.g. 25.321.32.32). That’s the number you need to input in the Developer’s Console after you type Connect.
Let us give you an example, write (without quotes) “Connect 25.321.32.32” (but make sure you write the host’s IP correctly.) Once you join the host will notice a “Player *name* has joined the game” in the corner of his screen. After a couple of minutes, you will join his game and from then on you can have fun.
Finally, let us give you some tips and tricks on how to fix the issues in-game that happen to some players.
- If you get “Connection Failed After 4 Retries” just restart your internet modem.
If the problem persists, have everyone joining the network restart their machines including the host. It fixes the issue 90 % of the time.
- If you get “*player name* has been kicked because of too many LUA Errors”, as host type in the console (without quotes) “sv_kickerrornum 0”. This stops the server from kicking players when they receive LUA errors.